Steps for Games
Important!: Before downloading a game, make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements to run the game.
Steps for Running a Game:
- Make sure you used Internet Download Manager to download, as browser downloading can lead to corrupted files sometimes. If you don’t have the Internet Download Manager, you can download it from HERE. (If you already downloaded the game, it’s fine. Just do this moving forward).
- Make sure you turned both your Antivirus (if you have one) and Windows Security (Defender) OFF before you extracted the game using Winrar, otherwise it will delete the crack files.
Note: Follow and complete the instructions at the bottom of this note to setup a safe folder EXCLUSION that your AV will never touch or delete anything from. The Staff on Discord will ask for proof of this before providing additional support. This also allows you to keep your Defender on at all times.
- Install all _CommonRedist as admin if you haven’t already:
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date. To do so, in Windows search and open “Device Manager“. In there, expand the “Display Adapters” section and right click each item there. Click “Update Driver” and choose the option to search automatically. It will install a new driver if there is one, or tell you that you are already up-to-date.
- Run the game.exe as admin. You might have to try all the .exe’s in the folder if there is more than one. Make sure to check all subfolders too if you can’t find the .exe or search the whole folder for “.exe“
WINDOWS DEFENDER EXCLUSION SETUP (to prevent it from deleting files)
- Create a GAMES folder on your Hard drive.
- Go to Windows Security ( Shield Icon on taskbar ). You can also search it in Windows search.
- Go to virus & threat protection > manage settings > scroll down to exclusions, click “add or remove exclusions” & add the GAMES folder to the list.
- Once everything is done, then you can always extract your game into that GAMES folder. Your antivirus will not detect it as a threat anymore or remove the game files.